Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Something happened to me the other day

that has NEVER happened before.

I went in a tack shop and didn't see anything I wanted.

Granted, it WAS Coastal--but still--not a single thing.

My tack collection has reached a zenith where I have good quality equipment in about every area I would need it.  It's taken me 10 years...but, I'm pretty happy with the gear I have now.

I have a lovely HDR Rivella jump saddle and Exselle show bridle with two sets of nice reins, one extra long, and a beautiful merino sheepskin show pad (you know, in case I ever decide to ride that way again);

The Jim Taylor reiner;

My small shop El Dorado training saddle that I like & that fits Chevy;

A nice little Lazy L by Larry Coats barrel saddle hardly used from 2007;

Two complete, nice leather loose ring snaffle bridles that girls go in, each with awesome weighted Buckaroo Leather split reins, one pair 1", other pair 1/2" (turns out good quality reins are one of my "things");

A Martin sidepull (which I never use);

A gorgeous black Guitron kangaroo bosal and mane hair mecates;

Two good wool pads, one Reinsman, one Classic Equine, and one Pro Choice pad;

About 10 nice snaffles I never use, and all kinds of other misc tack of somewhat lesser quality than above (but still nice).

I hardly ever sell good quality things--because I could, in most cases, never afford to replace them.  But, I guess it's time to sell some stuff.  I need the money.  First on the chopping block:  The JT reiner.  Phooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment