Sunday, March 8, 2015

Holy.  Moly.

It's time to start this 'ere blog up again.

We've been cooling our heels for the last two years through several moves (some horse only, the last, all of us).  The past two years have been long and sad, occasionally light and happy.  All the emotions I needed in a whole lifetime.  My thyroid rebelled big time this time and tried to kill me.  Half my hair fell out.  My very dear childhood friend, one of my two best friends, died unexpectedly in September 2013.  And my beautiful 7 year old indoor only rescue kitty who I'd had for 5 wonderful years crashed and burned with unexplainable acute kidney failure, and a week of intensive care and IV fluids at the hospital couldn't fix him.  Then my remaining kitty ("The Golden Child") went into what appeared to be deep depression and almost died also.  We couldn't find anything medically wrong with her, but she kept going downhill.  There was a lot about those years I just wanted to forget.

But I'm starting again.  The horses, the kitty and I now live in the lovely Columbia Gorge on a little piece of land with an old farm house, a shop and a two stall barn.  There have been challenges, but we're all here. 

The thing I've never been very good at is just being content with this moment.  The sun is out, the horses are swatting flies, the kitty is in a square of sun.  We're doing okay.  We're doing okay.





No comments:

Post a Comment