Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Horse envy

So there's this filly I've had my eye on.

I think I first noticed her back in December.

Every once in a while I like to torture myself by looking at horses I can't afford.

She's a 2010 daughter of Hollywood Dunit Good (Hollywood Dun It x Miss Michelob Dry), out of WB Comanches Zanparr (a Smart and Trouble/Zan Parr Bar mare).  Just what I'm looking for in breeding...

And ooooh boy, has she got it going on.

 
 Hollywoods Lil Sugar

She's got the breeding I'm looking for in a prospect, and she's flashy and lovely to boot.  I like palominos to be a little darker in color, but she's only a yearling in this photo so likely she'll darken up a little bit.  I love the Hollywoods--I'd absolutely love to own one someday, but because Hollywood Dun It passed away in 2005, it's getting harder to find his breeding up close where I like to see it without spending a fortune.

She's priced at $2500, which I feel is a little steep for a coming 2 year old--but then again, this breeder respects her breeding program and the few horses she produces a year look fantastic.

So, what can I sell to make $2500 real quick?  When I see a horse like this, I stop thinking rationally.


Look at the mane on that gal!


Ha ha, I wish!


UPDATE:  Well, I just applied for a job.

ETA:  Here's her daddy, Hollywood Dunit Good:



3 comments:

  1. I love the Hollywood breddings too. Good luck on your job hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope the daddy doesn't look that photoshopped in real life. He's postlegged and has a 'nest'. She's not bad but you are right, $2500 is a bit steep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saw him today, you can see photos in my updated post.

      Delete