Saturday, April 28, 2012

A new home!

Sorry for the complete lack of updates!  Chev made it to her new barn and is doing fine.

Jumped right in the trailer to leave the old place, traveled well and unloaded like a pro.  I had forgotten how nice it is to have a horse that loads & travels!  And this makes me think the awesome shipper who brought her out from Oregon for me wasn't just being nice when he said she was just fine.

I'll let the photos tell the rest of the story.

 4 acre pasture

 Oooooh, horses!

Wait..what the heck??! (She has buffalo for neighbors)

Barn's on the left

Cruising around the corners

 As close as she'd get to the buffs

Checking out the neighbors

Her night stall, a run-in by day

Tack/feed room!

We've been doing the standard slow intro to grass pasture, and she has been doing great.  Honestly I don't think she's eaten much grass, but spends a lot of time running back and forth and really seems to enjoy all the room to stretch her legs.  

Her hooves have been cool, and I think tomorrow she'll be able to be out most of the morning and mid-day--but we're keeping a close eye on things.

She has another neighbor--a tiny, softball sized bunny.  Isn't he cute?


All tucked in for the night!

1 comment:

  1. It took me a ridiculous amount of time to actually find the bunny in that picture. Congrats on the new pony home!

    ReplyDelete